I've been thinking a lot about this the last couple months and I don't know if I've ever written about it. I seriously think most of what matters in this life is how we treat people. How does Heavenly Father want me to treat this person? How would Heavenly Father treat this person. It's easy to treat well the ones we love. How do we treat those we don't really know? Or don't really love?
If ever there is someone that I don't particularly care for or I am being too judgmental with I picture them as my child. Even if it is a crazy 80 year old lady I picture it as the future and I have gone on (hopefully to heaven) and that she is mine. My daughter. I know this sounds so weird. But at that moment I learn to love that person. Instantly. And I think that is what Heavenly Father wants, at least from me.
3 comments:
I used to work a phone job, and someone once told us to remember that the crazy 80-year-old woman is someone's grandma, too. When I think of slow drivers (or whomever is annoying me) that way, I have more compassion...
Is that why you are always giving me little snacks and stuff?
This is actually really a beautiful post. I will remember it.
awesome.
Post a Comment