My world

My world

Friday, July 22, 2011

idea

I found a link to a cool website on my cousin's blog. It isn't only about one thing, it covers a lot of different topics. I like it a lot.

Also, a friend and I were talking yesterday about how blessed we are (stemming from a conversation about health insurance, medical bills, and profit sharing, which I love by the way). I essentially have everything I want. Some people want this, they want that and don't seem to be content. There are not a lot of things that I have my heart set on acquiring. Peace and quiet? Fo' sho'. That might be the hardest to get and possibly the most expensive, right? I should invest in earplugs. But then I wouldn't hear my baby cry when she pulls herself up in her crib and doesn't know what to do next. She has a look of panic in her eyes like she is dangling over a cliff and holding on for dear life. It is the cutest thing. And pitiful at the same time. Pitiful: as in deserving pity. My poor 11-month-old Molly girl.

I definitely have everything I need and in this world that isn't usually the case. I've always considered myself easily entertained which can be a blessing and a curse. I guess it is good that I hate shopping. I always have. I hated spending money as a kid, too. Maybe there is a correlation.

So my surgery: I had a hernia. What is a hernia you ask? It is when the lining of the abdominal wall weakens and basically something from your inside protrudes. In my case it was fatty tissue (aka FAT). Which I guess is better than intestine (aka grossness). I did not know what a hernia was before I found out I had one. It is a result of my c-sections. Which as far as I'm concerned has been the only down side of my c-sections. I loved them for some weird reason. Maybe it's the defeatest in me. I hated labor. Hated pushing. And I just found out someone I know had to have a hernia repaired from the intense pushing during labor. So I'm glad regular birth can result in hernias, not just c-sections. I'm doing well though, so that is good.

So I'm just rambling because I can't sleep. And the kids will be up soon. I need to put up some pictures soon. My kids are growing like weeds.

No comments: