This weekend was the weirdest weekend. I had surgery on Thursday (more on that later). Also, Dave's dad had surgery the same day I did. He would have liked Dave to help him, but Dave had to be here with me and our three kids. Then on Friday Dave's mom was in a serious car accident. Then Saturday and Sunday and continuing on Monday and on to today our girls are sick. Then yesterday my dad went to the ER with kidney stones and he'll possibly have to have surgery on them. Seems like everyone I know is getting sick or hurt. Luckily Dave played Mr. Mom this weekend and it was so great. He's a trooper. I feel so much better this morning. I am able to move around a lot better. Dave had to help me up and down from the laying position Thursday through Sunday. I had him cut me some pvc pipes to help me walk. I'm sure work comes as a big reprieve to him today.
I took Matthew to see the balloons in Provo yesterday morning. I felt good enough to wobble around down there. We got there way too late. We got there at 6:40. When we got there they hadn't been inflated yet (or whatever you call what they do to the balloons). I don't even know if they launched them, the weather was not too good. We were there for about an hour. I love taking him there. Dave stays in bed and we let the girls sleep. As the kids get older and I don't have to chase after them, I will take them with me. Dave is not big on getting up early and I'm fine with going by myself. I have to go earlier. Last year we GOT there at 5:45 a.m. and yesterday we didn't leave our house until 6:00 a.m. It's kind of lame going that late. I like being there before some of the balloonists are even there. And we also get a wicked good parking place when we go early.
The older I get the more being in large crowds is annoying to me.
Then we did about 5 fireworks last night and Norah was done. Surprisingly our 5 year old didn't realize how short of a time we did fireworks, he was content with what we had done. We can always do more for the 24th.
Anyway, this was the weirdest 4th of July weekend I've ever had, but probably the most memorable. I should go check on my sick girls now.
Only a month until Dave and I go on our vacation. I am super excited!
2 comments:
Wow, holler if you need help with anything.
that's insane! when it rains, it pours i guess! i hope you're doing okay & the girls are feeling better.
i can't believe you have the motivation to get up SO early for the balloons!
let me take the kids soon & give you a break.
Post a Comment