My world
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Trotting
I need to get on the treadmill. I've been doing good using it lately. I usually use it every weekday. And I usually do it for at least 45 minutes. Not fast, mind you, but I'm on it. And the machine is ON. I've never been a runner, not even a jogger. I used the word "trot" the other day and Dave told me that he is pretty sure the only living creature that trots is a horse. Back in January I jogged/trotted for 10 minutes straight, which is huge for me. Huge. I've never had endurance for running, even doing the fun run in junior high. And I was skinny then. When I'm on the treadmill I like to watch the biggest loser on Netflix. It's very motivating to me. Plus I feel thinner when I watch all the obese people. Then the end of the season arrives and I'm back to being the fat pig because all the contestants have lost 50% of their body weight. But I'm not obese, I'm just overweight. Although I've been alarmingly close to the obese side. And I'll be at the high end of a normal weight for my height when/if I lose 25 pounds. Dave said he'd get me granite countertops if I GAIN 25 pounds. A friend called me lucky for having a husband who likes me heavier, and I guess I am. He likes the curves, even if they are on my belly. TMI, I know. I'll tell you it's a lot cuter seeing a chubby toddler in a swim suit than a skinny one. But I don't think the same goes for grown women. But Dave would rather lay down by a "soft pillow" rather than a bunch of "sticks". Those aren't his terms, but close enough.
And the other day while watching the biggest loser I started to trot and I trotted for a whole 20 minutes. Nay..nay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Having the trots is a good way to loose weight. Good luck with that. Maybe you should lose 50 and then gain 25.
ha ha! i LOVE that you call it trotting! laughed so hard. then i read the previous comment, and laughed again. you're really funny.
Andrea, you are hilarious! I love reading your thoughts here. I didn't even know you had a blog, I'm glad I found it. We need to get together sometime.
Post a Comment