My world

My world

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I've been wanting a record player for a while now. I don't really know why. I loved hearing it play at my Grandma Bench's house. I loved the crackle in the background of the music. I just learned that that crackle means the record is scratched and it is an undesirable sound. But I like it. Anyway, I bought a record player! And I'm so excited. I was at a yard sale with a friend and I almost said to my friend, "if you see a record player, let me know." And about 3 minutes later I see this thing and I snatched it up. She and I have the same van (different years and colors) and love the stow-n-go. So we stowed and go-ed that thing right over to my house.
The radio works, too. It's time for me to start collecting records! I don't know if this is where it will stay, but for now, this is the place. It's in pretty good condition, according to my husband and FIL.

4 comments:

eve said...

no way! that's so cool. i've been wanting a record player, too- in fact i decided that's what i'll ask for this year for my birthday.
what good luck to find what you were looking for at a yard sale! awesome.

Jana said...

i'm curious how much you paid for that bad boy.... ?

Andrea said...

It was only $20. I'd been looking on ksl for a while, with no luck.

Jana said...

that's even cooler!