My world

My world

Friday, April 13, 2012

Tony Robbins youtube video about federal budget

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jboTeS9Okak&sns=em


The above 20 minute video breaks down the national debt into understandable terms. Millions, billions, trillions? From the video: A million seconds ago... how long ago was that? 12 days. How about a billion? 32 years. And a trillion? I think the video says it was almost 32,000 years ago. And we have 15 trillion in debt. It also says if you earned a million dollars a day, starting at the birth of Christ, you would need perhaps 1,000 more years from this year to reach a trillion.

Tax the rich?! Tax the rich?! A friend of mine on facebook posted something that was about how much time it would take someone to earn the amount of money that Mitt Romney has and a friend of hers commented that she wishes people who were more representative of us should be our representatives. For president? Really? The average household income in this country is about $44,000. You want someone who makes 44K to run our country? I sure don't. I WANT someone who is rich and has a LOT of higher education degrees running the country. Seriously. Besides, to people who complain about rich people: do you have a cell phone? a home phone? a place to live? a few changes of clothes? do you have a cd player, a dvd player? an ipad? an i-anything (I don't, btw--which I think is funny)? do you have a car to drive, maybe even a bike to ride? do you have a book to read? Do you have a toilet to use? Do you have shoes to wear? do you have a stove to cook on? do you have a chair to sit on? do you have running water? Our version of poor in this country is seriously skewed. I'm sick of people whining about what they don't have, in comparison with "the rich". You know what? I AM THE RICH. The person complaining is the rich. If you have a computer to complain about how rich the rich are, YOU ARE THE RICH. Stop complaining and be grateful.

1 comment:

Adams Family said...

Having served my mission in a 3rd world country where nobody has any of those things, I feel the same way you do.