My world

My world

Monday, April 9, 2012













At our house we do Easter simply. They got a couple chocolate bunnies and about a dozen jelly beans. Then the candy and coins from the Easter egg hunt. I know some people do lots of gifts and it's almost like Christmas, but we don't.










This is a picture of Dave, who right now is putting together a desk thing for my dining room. I said tonight, "how about for FHE we go to Walmart and buy that desk thing I want for the dining room." And we went and got it and he's putting it together as we listen to Radiohead. I know I talk too much about Dave. I simply adore this man. I was out to lunch with a friend and a friend of hers a couple months ago. I mentioned how I'm not a naggy wife (at least I don't think I am one). And my friend's friend said, "how can you NOT be a naggy wife?" He is not a naggy husband, and that makes it easier. I think the fact that I don't nag (much) allows for him to happily buy this desk and happily put it together for me.

Fake Plastic Trees


This is Norah jumping up saying "Happy Easter!"

3 comments:

Jana said...

I love that you keep Easter simple. My kids also got only a few pieces of candy and one very small toy in their basket. Then they hunted for EMPTY Easter eggs, because they are still happy to do that. I am going to keep it that way as long as I can. My sister in law does an egg hunt every year for her 17 and 22 year olds. She has to buy their enthusiasm by hiding a few $20 bills in some of the eggs. I'd rather keep it simple, or skip it altogether.

eve said...

they look so cute in their easter clothes!
we try to keep it simple, too. i like getting the boys the BofM action figures and a picture of Jesus from deseret book, and then a little bit of candy.

Sarah said...

They look adorable! Easter isn't just about the candy and baskets...simple is good. Dave is a lucky man to have you. xo