My world

My world

Monday, April 16, 2012

Link for the great utah shake out earthquake drill

Here is a link that has some audio and video of what to do during an earthquake. I listened to the audio just now and it is just basic stuff: duck, cover, hold on. There is the sound of an earthquake in the background. Tomorrow morning at 10:15 is the Great Utah Shakeout--a statewide earthquake drill for those who choose to participate. It's just basically everyone doing a drill at the same time. It also said to look around your room to see what might fall during an earthquake and to stabilize them now, i.e. bookcases. I am so terrible at doing that. They also have radio stations and tv channels that will broadcast the earthquake drill sounds and instructions. One question I have is that should I duck and cover, or run to the kid/kids and duck and cover with them? The audio is only a minute.

No comments: