I'm going to do a "diet". I like to think of it as a game. It is a competition to lose weight/get healthier. It's from a book called "The Game On! Diet: Kick your friends' butt while shrinking your own." I'm excited and fearful at the same time. I like food, and what's worse, I like to eat it. And I'm very good at it. It's one of my few talents. Anyway, I need to lose my belly, which I'd like to blame on having a baby, but in all honesty I can't.
This is basically how it goes:
There are two teams that compete for 4 weeks and the team with the most points wins a prize that is determined before play begins. You earn 100 points per day and there are some ways to earn extra points, for an available total of 850 points per week. Daily points are made up of: 5 meals eaten throughout the day (6 points per meal), 20 minutes of exercise per day, 3 liters (LITERS) of water per day, adding a good habit, stopping a bad habit, 7 hours of sleep per night, communicating with a member of your team snd the opposing team. There are some exceptions, bonus points and a free day, and a free meal. You get points off for snacking in between meals. And you report your points to a scorekeeper each week. Also, there are food guidelines as far as what you can eat.
Part of my problem is that I lack willpower to not stuff my mouth with whatever I want to. I started a new medication and at the beginning I actually had no appetite. None. I'd even be hungry, and have no appetite (if that is even possible). So people that don't love, love, love food like I do (ones that only eat so they don't DIE) I am very jealous of.
Anyway, here is the website.
http://www.thegameondiet.com/
I'm starting March 1st and anyone who reads this and is interested is welcome to join us. Just let me know. I just bought the book from amazon for $10 (that includes shipping). I borrowed a book from my sister. She was nice enough to black out some words (there is a bit of language in very bad taste).
Game on! Wish me luck.
1 comment:
Have Fun! Also, I don't know anyone who doesn't like to eat!
Post a Comment