My world

My world

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Perfection

I love my life. I love that my house is a mess because that gives me something to do tomorrow. I love that I have three healthy, beautiful, fun children, because that gives me something to do for the rest of my life and beyond. I love my husband. I really love him. He is good for me. And TO me. I love that I'm half way to 70. I love the dead fly on the inside of my lamp shade that has been there for months Maybe I'll post a picture). I kind of want to see how long he'll be there (years?). I don't know, maybe it is a girl fly. I absolutely love our neighborhood. And I love our ward. I love Mapleton. I love that I went on a mission to Hungary (and met my husband there). I love Hungary and the Hungarians. And Hungarian food. Sometimes I feel an emptiness inside that can only be filled by the memories of my mission, or a return trip there (someday....) I love going to zumba with my friend Amy. I love that I have a lot of friends named Amy. I love to laugh. And I love to laugh at silly things. My maternal grandmother laughed a lot. Laughing is good exercise for your mental health. I love that we have enough money. We are not rolling in money, but we have sufficient for our needs (and many of our wants...more of Dave's wants). I am very blessed. Seriously blessed.

My life is not perfect, but it is perfect for me.

7 comments:

Pinky Homer said...

I love this post. I love it that is so realistic and yet -- fairy tale like. Also, I love it because you are satisfied and yet there is hope for even more better things to come. I feel the same way about my life. I'm grateful that you expressed it so well. I needed to be reminded of how good I have it. Thank you!

Adams Family said...

I just texted you a response to this blog...but anyway I love it...you make me laugh.

Layne Liston said...

You are the best! We had a sock on the top of our ceiling fan for 4 months!

Lorilee said...

Nicely said Annie. You are awesome. I love this post. I love that it really makes me stop and be grateful for little things. I'm pretty sure that my OCD would not allow me to see how long a dead fly can hang around but I am excited to see how long you last :) I love that I still have friends from when I was 5. Girl we are old and it is fun to say that I've been friends with you for 30 years. Love your guts Annie.

Bj said...

It's beautiful the happiness that comes from appreciating the little things in life and seeing what is really important! Thanks for that good reminder!

Unknown said...

You are a poet my friend. I am a pathetic excuse for a friend. I never wished you happy birthday. I can ramble off the list of excuses that prevented it, but they really shouldn't have stopped. So happy happy happy birthday dear sharer of February.

You are such a sunny example of true gratitude. I love this post for its candor, humor and sincerity. I love for all the same reasons.

May your year be filled to overflowing with happiness and joy. XO

Paul said...

Dearest Annie, I am so proud to be your mom! (I'm writing this on Dad's address.)