My world

My world

Monday, February 14, 2011

My son talks. A lot. I don't have ears strong enough to pay close attention to all he says. A couple weeks ago we were in the car and we saw an airplane. I decided we should tell a story about where it was going. So I started and said a couple sentences about where it was going, then it was they boy's turn. Then mine, then his. We took turns for about 5 minutes telling a fun story that began with the plane. After a while I had my son start a new story, one all his own. He talked and talked for at least 5 minutes. It was very cute. And I must admit that I did not pay close attention. Bad mom, I know.

I used to think that all children his age (and at different stages in his life) talk as much as he does. But I have come to learn that they don't. My daughter is two and she does not talk nearly as much as he did, thankfully. It's interesting to see the different personalities of my children.

2 comments:

joleen said...

Paige could compete. She never stops! Missed you at lunch and I still have something for you so call when you breeze through town. I hope you had a very happy birthday!!!

Bj said...

That is very cute. You seem like such a great mom!