My world

My world

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Tent trailer

Today I bought a tent trailer. We've been looking for about a week. At first we weighed the pros and cons of a bumper pull and a tent trailer. We opted for a regular bumper pull. We looked at three of them and liked them. Then yesterday Dave bought some rocks for our front yard. It was really heavy and Dave said it was slow. His truck is a 1986 Chevy and it's not the strongest truck. So as I looked for tent trailers the closest one was in Lehi and the other trailers were in West Valley, South Jordan, Sandy. So a bit far to just check out a trailer. I was doing a search for $2,000-$3,000. Then this morning I did a lower minimum amount. I changed it to 1500 and up popped a tent trailer for 1,995 in Mapleton. It was about 10:30 and I called and went over 10 minutes later. It was only listed this morning. I guess last week it WAS listed and the guy had one person look at it and a bunch of calls. Then he went out of town and just relisted it this morning. Anyway, I really like the tent trailer. It is fairly spacious inside. It takes about 10-15 minutes to set up. The man showed me how to put it up and take it down. Dave is out of town, so he'll pick it up on Monday night after work and I'll have the guy show him how to set it up and down. The ad has been marked as sold, but this trailer looks very similar to the one I bought. The stove can be taken out so you can cook outside of your tent. All the sides zip down so you can have the wind blow through the trailer if you want it to. There is an awning, and I'm excited about that. I'm glad that we can pull it with my minivan. We had a couple trailers in the past for short, short amounts of time (less than a week), and I always worried about when it would rain. This will be easy to pull a tarp over it to put my mind at ease. It will be easier to store and maneuver. We decided we can get a bumper pull trailer as our kids get bigger and when we get a bigger truck. But this should last us a long, long time. I hope Dave likes it since I bought it without him seeing it. But I'm pretty sure it is what he had in mind.

1 comment:

Adams Family said...

That's awesome. Now we just need to go camping.