My world

My world

Monday, June 25, 2012

$1,000

I have a friend whose brother told his wife if she gets down to the weight she wants to be at he'd give her $1,000. He prefers her being that weight and she does too. The motivation from her husband helps her, and so does that $1,000 reward. I thought about this and since Dave doesn't want me to lose weight I told him that HE could get $1,000 if I get to my goal weight. My goal is to not eat after dinner. I don't know why I struggle so much. I used to think that I am heavy because food just tastes good. Food tastes freaking good, especially the food that I prefer. But I haven't always been heavy. I was a normal weight up until I had kids. Even after Matthew was born I was still in a normal weight range for me. But the more kids I have the more stress I have. And I eat. It's a good thing I'm done having kids. Right? Yes, it sure is. In many ways it sure is. I told Dave he has to help me. I've asked for his help before (when I want brownies, don't let me eat them. Don't make them for me, etc.) So this morning I pleaded for him to help me. I don't have much willpower. However, I AM glad that he is not the type of husband to harp about my weight. If he wanted me thin it would be so much easier. Maybe I should just pretend he wants me to be thin. It's not so much the weight as it is a healthy body. But along with the added weight comes added health risks. And as I lose weight, I gain health benefits. The losing of the weight will be an added bonus. But people who are thin are not necessarily healthy. I think it's called "the thin fat". I have all the resolve in the morning, but as the day goes on I get stressed and I eat.

2 comments:

Adams Family said...

Hm. My husband is always trying to get me to help him lose weight. Maybe we should do that with him. I could find a way to spend 1000.

eve said...

i LOVED your comment on my blog! made me smile..
it's so hard to exercise self control (or just exercise at all) but i guess that one reason we are here is to learn to control our bodies. i suck at it. i am a big late-junk-eater myself.