My world

My world

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I'm a worrier

Of all the things to worry about on my upcoming trip, one that repeats in my head is the dress code in the dining areas. But I just found out some information that I'll share with you:



TOP SHELF WINES AND BEVERAGES
Unlimited wine by the bottle from Spaniards, Argentinean, Californian, French, Italian, Chilean and Mexican wineries.



EL ALAMO

Location: Lobby area
Cuisine: Mexican
Breakfast: International buffet : 7:00am - 11:30
Lunch: International buffet: 12:30pm - 4:30pm
Dinner a la carte: from 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Dress code: Casual (foot ware and short sleeve T-shirt required).

(I hope pants --or some sort of covering-- are also required)


LA TRATTO

Location: Adjacent to lobby bar
Cuisine: Italian
Dinner a la carte: from 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Dress code: Casual elegance. Long pants, collared shirts & shoes required.

(A good reminder for me to pack a collared shirt or two if I want Italian)

THE STEAK

Location: Pool area
Cuisine: Fine cuts, seafood
Buffet dinner: from 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Dress code: Casual. Wet clothing or uncovered swimwear not allowed.



Now that we have that taken care of, we can all join together in a collective sigh of relief.

Nursing update: Baby took a bottle yesterday (Tuesday) for the first time since I nursed her for the very last time (Saturday morning). I called the pediatrician's office and the nurse recommended giving her sugar water to get her used to the nipple of the bottle. That did the trick. I also put sugar on the nipple. (I was desperate).

So I had a follow up appointment with my surgeon. I asked about activities (para-sailing specifically) which might be acceptable post-surgery on our trip. I think para-sailing might be out of the picture which is unfortunate since I think I have the guts to do that. Scuba scares the h out of me. I think I can handle snorkeling. Some words that I want to use more often: fantastic and unfortunate. Seriously. I just now realize that I like using the word unfortunate and the other day I said 'fantastic' for some reason and I enjoyed using it. I'll incorporate it where I am able.

I bought a book at Costco to read on my trip. The memoir of the Dougard girl that was kidnapped and held for like 15 years and had 2 kids with her kidnapper. I don't buy (or read) books that often so it is a big thing for me.

Believe it or not I'll probably return whiter than when I left. Is that even possible? It is.

I hope I don't die on my trip. Or I hope Dave doesn't die. Or our kids. Do you ever go on a trip and write a letter to your child just in case you don't make it back? I've done it before and I'm pretty sure I'll do it again. If anything sad happens, please tell my kids how much I love them. Like I said, I'm a worrier.

1 comment:

Adams Family said...

I read this post title "I am a warrior," not worrier. And I was about to send you off to face your fancy restaurants and miles of ocean, collar clad, with your head held high. "Be of good courage my warrior friend and worry not."