My first friend I am spotlighting has the initials of AJJA. I decided not to post full names because you will all go out and be friends with my friends and I can't have that. It wouldn't end nicely. Anyway, some reasons why I like this girl:
She is funny. We laugh a lot when we are together. And she laughs at my lame jokes (usually).
She is down to earth.
She is a hard worker. A good mom and a good wife. I need mothering and wifing lessons from her. You didn't know wifing was a word did you.
She is optimistic and doesn't let little things bother her.
She is not judgemental. At all. She doesn't belittle me or others about our opinions if they are different than hers.
I feel good around her. You know when you have friends that make you feel good about yourself, others, or just about life in general? She is one of those friends.
She doesn't gossip or compare.
This one is probably my favorite. She is very spiritual. And I really like her spirituality. It is, to me, very matter of fact. It is not condescending, preachy, or in your face. She doesn't flaunt it.
She is smart and loves learning.
Actually a few months ago I sent her an email listing reasons why I liked her so much, but this list is a bit longer. She said, "Andrea, I'm married now. You need to leave me alone. This stalking has to stop." The funny thing is that when we were in our youth and I saw her on random occasions I didn't much care for her. She knows this. We laugh about it.
1 comment:
I think I know AJJA, and if I'm right, you were two of the best visiting teachers I ever had. Thanks. :)
Post a Comment