I have come to the realization that the way my day goes depends on my mood. It has nothing to do with outside factors. Like the saying goes, "if it's to be, it's up to me." Isn't there a book called "Success through a positive mental attitude?" Who said, "people are usually as happy as they make up their mind to be."
Also, I have decided to do spotlights on friends of mine here on the blog. I have amazing friends and their amazingness needs to be shouted from the rooftops (or at least on my blog). Watch out! You might be next.
3 comments:
My mom and I were just talking on the phone about the effect that a positive attitude can have. She told me that a woman put two identical jars of rice, covered with water, on a shelf on her hair salon. The only difference was that one had a label, "good," and the other, "bad." After months of sitting on the shelf and customers walking by, the "good" jar was still fresh and white. The "bad" jar was all rotten and nasty. So I guess the moral of that story is that what we get comes from how we decide to label things. Or, maybe the moral is that you shouldn't eat anything that comes from a hair salon?
Sweet, let me know if I should get you any pictures, or personal life experiences, or if you would like to interview my mom I am sure I can arrange that. ;)
I usually start the day with a good attitude but somehow it leaves at dinnertime. I need a 24hr. good att. pill! (I know you remember from college days what I mean.) Try to just remember the good times growing up!:)
Post a Comment