My world

My world

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Me and Jim

Remember when I talked about getting a gym membership? Well, I did it. I went in on Saturday and paid for a year and I made sure to include child care. The price wasn't too bad. I told Dave that I don't spend money on myself that much. I don't have hobbies or interests that take me away from the home or that I spend money on. I rarely have ME time. And when I have me time, it is when the kids are in bed and my body and mind are too fried to do much of anything. I can feel my muscles atrophying. I can't go anywhere to "get away". Dave has his work, school, his garage, the big field behind our house. I basically have the bathroom. But I can't stay in there for too long. Believe me, I've tried.

I've had gym memberships in the past and used them pretty well at times, and other times they went to waste. Dave bought me a treadmill and I use it off and on. But the treadmill doesn't help me with strength training. And it doesn't get me away. I need a big block of time when I can focus on exercise. They child care allows me 90 minutes a day. My plan is to go after Molly wakes up and the kids are fed and dressed and Matthew is at work. I went this morning for the first time. There were a LOT of kids. I might decide to go in the early afternoon when Matthew is home and after lunch. Then there might be less kids at the gym play place. I want to check out what classes they have. I know there is zumba, cycling, kickboxing, and some others.

So I'm excited! I've tried exercising with a friend at our houses and letting the kids play or going on a walk with all our kids, but it doesn't seem to work out. I never got much "bang for my buck". It's a lot of effort to pack the kids up, strollers, etc. At least with the gym I can have 90 solid minutes for a workout. (or my version of a workout. ha.)

1 comment:

joleen said...

Yeah for you! Do you remember when we would say we were going to walk around our block every day in the summer? I hope you love the gym, I'm excited for you! p.s. my parents leave soon. crazy!