My world

My world

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

So I'm having a lot of fun looking at old photo albums. I've been reminiscing about my younger days, college days, mission days, blah blah blah. And I've also been having fun taking pictures of my pictures. I put up some from my wedding reception, at the temple, the dance festival in elementary school (hi Joleen!) etc. One day I'll scan them, but for now, this will have to do.

I know many people think it is tacky to have a wedding reception in a church gym, and maybe it is. In fact, when I booked my church for our wedding reception I had wanted one of the nicer stake buildings (with wood floors instead of carpet) but it was taken so I got to reserve the church that I went to when I grew up. Later, one of the nicer churches became available but I decided to keep my reception in the building where I grew up. All my childhood church memories are in that building: young women's, primary, volleyball, basketball, mother's day, tithing settlement, EVERYTHING took place in that building with the carpet on the basketball court. At least they had changed from orange to blue (now it is wood). I could not think of a better place to have my reception. So if you see basketball standards behind me in my reception and think it's in poor taste, I think it is endearing. And special. And it was perfect. Seeing all the people in the ward that I grew up in, in the ward building that I attended in my youth was much more special than any venue I could have rented.

And I also think you'll enjoy my shoulder pads in some of those college photos. Those ARE tacky and in poor taste. Good old college days. I had so much fun in college, mainly Ricks College when I lived away from home and had roommates. I will encourage my kids to live away from home and go to school. (Ask me when my kids are grown and I'll probably have to pay for it all). It was such a learning experience. I think it is good for them. If I could pick an age for my kids to get married it would be 25. Maybe 24. 23 just sounds so young.











1 comment:

joleen said...

When I see the dance festival pic, I clearly remember we were supposed to leave our shirts out but I wanted to tuck my in. Why did I rebel?