It is snowing outside right now. There is something about the cold weather that I like. I prefer winter to summer. Maybe it is because I don't feel as guilty about not going outside constantly or finding fun outdoor things for my kids to do. Maybe it is because I hate feeling hot. One thing though, I don't like getting my kids packed up to play outside in the cold because I know they'll be back in in 5 minutes (it takes longer to get them in their coats). Sometimes my home feels brighter when it snows because the sun reflects off the snow, brightening my home(if the sun is out). I put on my pine smelling candle today. Soon people will have their Christmas lights up. I am such a home-body. Maybe that is why I prefer winter to summer. Maybe it's the hot chocolate, egg nog, Christmas music. Who knows. I probably won't feel this way about the snow in January. Or maybe even next week. But for now, I love it.
We bought a wood burning stove and are putting it in our living room. That room gets COLD in the winter. This should help.
No comments:
Post a Comment