My world

My world

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

jim membership

Do you ever make mistakes on purpose so people think you are kind of ditzy? I do, too. Lame things, like putting the title of this post as jim membership instead of gym membership. I like to do mistakes like this to throw people off. Then, when I REALLY make a stupid mistake I can pretend that I MEANT to do it that way. Try it, it's fun!

I do want to get a gym membership. I have a treadmill at home, but I can't do it when my 1 y.o. daughter is awake because she won't leave me alone when I'm on it. And I'm afraid she'll get hurt. I do have other reasons for wanting one. I want some ME time (more than just at night when the kids are in bed). Selfish, I know. I don't necessarily want to load the kids off to someone else's house or swap babysitting to exercise. I'm not a big fan of day care, but I'd want to put my girls in the gym day care while I "work out". I need some muscle. I can feel myself getting weaker, seriously. I don't spend a lot of money on extra things. My husband has his tools, his motorcycles, etc. I don't scrapbook, sew, collect things, etc. This is something that I want to do and would be good for me.

Are you kind of surprised by the short shorts that girls wear these days? And are you kind of surprised that their mothers allow them to leave the house wearing them? I am. I asked a friend who is now the young women's president in her ward if they still talk about modesty. She said they do. That's good. Let's raise girls who dress modestly even before they get married in the temple. Not only so they don't have to get a whole new wardrobe, but also because they see the value in dressing appropriately. Maybe the mothers of the boys out there will be thankful. As the mother of a son I know I will be.

4 comments:

Adams Family said...

Wait, you aren't getting the "Jim" membership so that you can ware the short shorts.

J and M Lloyd, est. 2004 said...

Andrea, I love your blog. The obituary post made me laugh out loud. So did the skinny jeans one. Today's made me smile. Thanks.

Adams Family said...

oops, wear not ware.

Jana said...

I started doing that "on purpose mess up" thing years ago! Works like a charm. :)