My world

My world

Friday, September 9, 2011

I read the obituaries every day. I don't read each one, but I look at them every day. Is that morbid? I read the young ones. Sometimes the family has listed a blog about the person, especially if it is someone who had cancer and blogged about what was going one. Some are very interesting. My grandma used to say she reads the obituaries to make sure she's not dead. She doesn't say that anymore for reasons I'm sure you can figure out. I'm surprised how often I know the people who have died, or I find out the person who has died is a relative of people I know. Like just now I read them, and I think that one man might be my son's kindergarten teacher's dad. I will ask his teacher.

Have you ever wondered what you want your obituary to say? "Andrea liked cleaning and got stressed easily. She had a short temper and had a weakness for gummy candy and mint oreos." Lame! I should have more interests if for no other reason than just to bulk up my obit. "She would liked to have enjoyed sewing and singing and reading for hours on end but she didn't. She enjoyed watching tv and took pride in her ability to do it so well. She also wondered if she should feel guilty about letting her daughter be born on 9/11." (scheduled c-section). Should I?

I did tell my husband that I want to be buried in Mapleton. He asked why (I'm a former long-term Orem resident). And I figured that this is where our kids are "from" now. And I'm in love with Mapleton. I love this place.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Annie...you crack me up! I'll write your obituary. You have many talents and gifts!!! Probably more then I even know about! Thanks for the giggle!!

Adams Family said...

Great, now I want mint Oreos. I don't even know if I like those. You are funny.