Ironically Matthew said, "to call firemen you call 911. What does the 9 look like?" I told him that when you write it, it looks like a circle with a line going down and when you see it on a sign it is a circle with a curved line. Driving to Wally world to buy milk and stuff when I see a white sedan in my path. It's kind of a dream. We are going to hit her, I can't avoid it. I slam on my brakes (I think)and turn to the right to avoid a collision. Useless. I can feel my mind telling me we are crashing. I don't scream like I always pictured myself doing. I see smoke and think the car is on fire but it is from the deployed airbags. Matthew isn't crying but he is panicking as he gets himself out of his car seat. Molly is crying. I don't know if Norah was crying then or when we got out of the car. She cried for about 5 minutes, but it was just from the commotion. I forget to turn off my car and shut my door. People are so nice around us and call 911 and see if we are okay. The driver of the other car comes over and she is crying and apologizing profusely. She is only 17 I find out later. I hug her and console her that we are all okay. I probably hugged her 6 or 7 times before we drove away at the end. A man says he is an EMT and asks if we are okay. He wasn't on duty. I assure him we're fine. A woman gets out to help and I recognize her from my zumba class. I'm sure she thinks I'm an idiot because I talk about zumba with her. "You are in my zumba class. I see the comments you make on the instructor's facebook page." I thought she was in high school then I saw on facebook that she has four kids. She says about Norah, "does she want a doll to play with?" She goes to her car and gets a book and a doll, but Norah is not interested. Everyone was so nice. I am surprised I was able to keep calm. I am surprised my kids were as well behaved as they were. I call Dave at work. Luckily he rode his motorcycle today and not his bicycle as he almost did. He comes and then goes home to get the buick.
It's actually perfect timing since I've been wanting to get a mini van, but feeling selfish because I can get by just fine in my '96 subaru wagon. How do mini vans hold up in crashes? Time for some research. My car was getting thrashed anyway. Maybe it's a blessing.
From Matthew:
The bumper got broken and Norah whined when we got out. We crashed really hard. There was smoke but no fire.
Heavenly Father answered my prayers in a big way today.
4 comments:
Oh Annie, I am so glad that you guys are all ok. Heavenly Father was looking out for you. what a sweet boy you have.
Wow!! I keep thinking of funny comments that I probably shouldn't write so I will just say that I am glad you are all ok.
so so so scary! yeah, glad you are all okay. poor kids- but it sounds like they handled it really well. nice to see how people help.
I'm so glad you're okay.
I hope you get your van.
:)
Post a Comment