My world

My world

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hoarding

I've been watching a lot of Hoarders on Netflix. My word, those homes are nasty. They say compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder and I believe it. As I watch it, though, I see that many habits and thought processes these people have I also have. But at the same time I get stressed out when my house is a mess so there is no way I would end up like they are.

Season 3 episode 3 is especially nasty. One thing that many of these people have in common is they have cats.

When I watch this show and then look at my house (which I sometimes feel is cluttered) I feel like the best housekeeper in the world.

Yikes!

One woman had no water for 2 years. She would wear adult diapers and not throw them out. They piled up and ate through her tile and subflooring until there was a hole in the floor, you could see to the basement.

Another woman and her dad had no water and they went to the bathroom in grocery sacks and threw them in the closet for about 10 years.

It's disgusting, I don't know why I watch it but I'm hooked.

1 comment:

Jana said...

oh, that show is like a train wreck. if i flip by it and it's on, i have to watch it to the end of the episode because i'm so disturbed that i have to get some kind of resolution...
and then i usually end up jumping up and bleaching something or throwing stuff away.
aaaggghh!!