My son had a birthday recently and I had an idea. My idea is to record each of my children on their birthdays with our cam corder and "interview" them. I'll try to do the same questions each year and just record for about 10 minutes or so. I bought a tape for each child, and each tape is strictly for the birthday. It's kind of like how an expectant mother takes a profile of her each month to see the progression of her growing belly or how you take a picture of your growing newborn each month to have a visual record of their growth.
5 comments:
That is brilliant! I think I am going to do it. Are you going to have set interview questions, or let it change each year?
So great! I've tried to do interviews about school and stuff but never on their bday. Thats a great idea. ps I have something for you when you are in Orem please call!!!!
Jana, I just wrote down about 6 or 7 questions on the tape case so I'll know what I asked and so I don't have to watch the video. I didn't really think deeply about what questions to ask. They were stuff like "what is your full name" He said Matthew. I asked his middle name. He said Andrea. Ha! I want to do the same ones each year. I know they will be boring questions when they are in their teens. Jo, I'll call you. Thanks.
That is such a cool idea.
What an amazing idea! I think I'll try it, thanks Annie! Love you and your beautiful family. xoxo
Post a Comment