This Friday I am having surgery. I am having a thyroid lobectomy. What is that. The thyroid is the organ that looks like a butterfly. It has two lobes and in the middle is the word I am never quite sure how to pronounce: the isthmus (I think). Anyway, I have a 2.7 cm. nodule on one of the lobes and they are removing the whole lobe. They are removing the whole lobe instead of just the nodule to keep the nodule from growing back. And based on my age (in my 30's) and my gender (female-fyi) it is better to be cautious and just take the lobe out.
3 comments:
Wow, good luck with that. Please let me know if I can do anything for you during your recovery?
We will be keeping you in our prayers. Do you need help with your kiddos?
That's one way to take a brake from your kids! I better check on you! Be brave xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment