My world

My world

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My life lately

What we've been up to:

My kids have been taking swimming lessons for the last couple weeks.  The lessons are for three weeks, Monday through Thursday.  Tomorrow is the last day.  We have to drive to Salem (practically Woodland Hills) and it's in a beautiful indoor private home pool.  The kids are doing great.  The lessons are one on one with the teacher for 10 minutes.  My sister-in-law told me about this lady.  She does a great job.  My sister-in-law told me it's amazing what they can learn in 10 minutes.  Matthew and Molly had a hard time with it the first week, but Norah took to in instantly. No fear whatsoever.

Matthew and Norah are in coach pitch and t-ball, respectively.  It's fun to watch them play, or rather NOT play as it sometimes is.  I don't know that I'll sign them up for it next year, but I think they like it okay, not love love it though.  I'll for sure sign Matthew up for soccer this fall.  He has a fun time with that.

Dave is still in night class.  This summer class is over tomorrow and they start up again in a week or two.  I'm so proud of him.  He never complains about it, he just does it.  He loves what he is learning and it comes in handy at work.  We are so blessed that he has a good job and is able to support our family.  I love him and appreciate all he does for me and the kids.

Dave got a promotion at work.  The hours don't change.  Praise the heavens.  The financial blessings are pretty cool, too.

My lawnmower won't start.

We went on a trip to Cedar City a couple weekends ago.  Our youngest was very difficult during the car ride.  Made me never want to drive over an hour anywhere with her again.  I love her.

Laundry is still my nemesis.

I need a hair cut.  My kids need haircuts.

Do you ever have flashes of past experiences and they seem like yesterday?  But they were well over 20 years ago?  Or whenever.  That happens to me all the time.

Dave and I watched the new season of Arrested Development.  It was okay, not great.

I'm trying to get my doctor friend Amy to build a house two lots away from us.  They are building nine homes to the west of us, just on the other side of our neighbors. They will be acre lots.

I got a sitter a couple weeks ago while I went alone to WalMart in the morning.  Totally worth it.

My kids are playing together really well lately.  Super awesome.

My friend Amy (not dr. amy) is expecting baby number five in January.  Hi Amy!

My pregnant friend Amy watched my kids last week while I went alone to WalMart in the morning.  Totally worth it.

I have so many friends named Amy.

I like visiting teaching, but kind of drag my feet doing it.  It's the lining up the schedules that is hard.

I ate an entire avacodo last week.  I get ham slices, and cut up avacodo pieces in it and roll it up.  It is so, so, so good to me.  An average size avacado has about 240 calories in it.  I looked it up after I at that entire avacado.

My Molly is a sugar FIEND.  She goes crazy wanting candy.

This month marks 10 years since Dave and I started dating.  Our first kiss was on the back porch of our Orem house.


3 comments:

Adams Family said...

LOL. Hi

Unknown said...

This month is 10 years since Rob and I started dating, too! We should celebrate together.

I loved this post. It made me miss you.

joleen said...

You are great! Mishel said she loved seeing you! Wish we had gone together