My world

My world

Monday, June 24, 2013

Lake Powell Tragedy

Did you hear about the horrific crash on Lake Powell last week?  Here is the ksl article in case you missed it. My cousin (and his wife and at least two of his four girls) was on the speed boat.  He and his wife and kids were on vacation at Lake Powell with his wife's family.  My cousin had recently returned from Iraq (or Afghanistan) for the fourth or fifth time.  They found the body of the girlfriend and as of today, the body of his sister-in-law is still missing.

I had been looking at the missing woman's (Jessica) facebook page and saw a picture of a grave/headstone.  I did an internet search and it turns out the baby was her nephew who died the same day he was born.  That same internet search led me to her blog.  I read some of her blog.  I specifically love the one on May 23, 2012 the 4th paragraph;.  This girl (she is about 22, which to me seems so young) was so strong spiritually.  Not just having deep thoughts.  Not just pondering God and His power.  But she has a strong, strong testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and it completely shows in her writings.  She seemed so close to her mother, what a blessing that they are together in heaven, reunited with that sweet baby.  And what a blessing it is to know she is freed from the difficulties she faced by the limitations of her physical body.


Also, my cousin's wife posted this on her blog two days after the accident in Lake Powell.

Today I am Grateful . . .

Today I am Grateful . . . 
* That all of my parent's grand kids are healthy and safe.
* That kids are kids - even in the midst of tragedy they are just themselves - they keep me linked to reality.
* That my Heavenly Father through His tender mercy has seen fit to allow me to continue to raise my four beautiful daughters.
* That there are still moments of joy, laughter, and silliness amidst the heartache, sorrow, and pain.
* For the peace of the Spirit, which passeth all understanding.
* For all of the wonderful people who have touched my life and that of my family.  The outpouring of love we have felt has been overwhelming and I realize truly how many amazing people have influenced my life and helped me to be a better person.
* For being near my family and the peace and comfort that brings.
* For the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Plan of Salvation that gives the assurance that I will see my mom and sister again.
* For eternal families - that through covenants made in the temple we truly will be together forever.
* That I have the most amazing family - on both sides of the veil.

No comments: