My world
Monday, July 30, 2012
hello kitty socks
My son has a friend from kindergarten. It's a girl and he likes her a lot. He asks all the time if she can come over and play. We ran into her last week at the Mapleton 24th of July celebration and the next day I got an email from her mom. She was having a birthday party and wanted to invite Matthew. Of all the birthdays that Matthew has ever gone to he hasn't said anything about what to give them for a present. I always just pick them out. A couple years ago I decided to give books instead of toys. They'll last longer and the parents will appreciate them more (I think). So the day before the party Matthew said, "we should talk about what to get Nicole for her birthday." I asked what he wanted to get her and he said, "a shirt!". He said, "mom, you know the sippy cup we have with a cat on it? I want to get her a shirt with that cat on it. Nicole loves that cat. Her backpack has that cat on it." It is a hello kitty backpack. He has talked before about how much she likes hello kitty. So we go to the store and we found some cute socks with hello kitty on them. We got her a pack of small socks and a pack of long socks, all hello kitty. After the party I asked if Nicole liked the socks and he said that, yes, she liked them a lot. Then he added, "She didn't just LIKE the socks, she LOVED them! She said they will probably go with her dress." It was adorable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a good man, to pay such close attention to what a girl wants! He'll make some lucky girl a wonderful husband, someday. (I have two girls who are currently single... just sayin.)
Post a Comment