As promised, here is my friend spotlight on Jana. Jana and I were in the same ward in Orem. We lived one street away. We weren't really friends, but how we became friends was like this: we sat by each other at an outdoor relief society dinner. Remember that? And we sat by JayneAnne? We three laughed and laughed and laughed. After that, I knew I was addicted to Jana. And later we were called to serve in the RS presidency together. It was great.
Some things I love about Jana:
She is an amazing mother. She has three little kids, just younger than mine are. They are adorable and very good kids. I visited her and her kids in January and she made a delicious lunch. She's a great cook, by the way. She always has fun things that her kids are doing and things that she is teaching them.
She is funny. Conversation is never lacking with her.
Her house is always cutely decorated.
She is very level headed. There is a wisdom and strength about her that is hard to describe. She describes when women get together and rag on their husbands as "wife cancer" or something. And she never participates. Have you ever met women like that? They put their husbands down whenever they can? It's a toxic attitude and is incredibly hurtful.
She thinks of others. She cares about other people's feelings and she is genuine in her love for others. She has a charitable personality.
Anyway, I'm sure Jana is blushing so I should end here. One more thing. I have to write about my comment on her facebook page. She wrote that she loves Waldorf salad. My comment was, "I just threw up in my mouth. No, wait. I just ate waldorf salad." I send a message to Jana telling her that I was joking (and that I thought my comment was hilarious), but didn't really care for the waldorf salad that I have tasted. Anyway, she got me wanting to try it again.
I love you Jana, and look forward to many more years of friendship with you!
1 comment:
You are so sweet. I'm truly touched. I'm so blessed to have a friend like you. :)
Thank you. Sincerely, thank you.
Post a Comment