
My two nieces are here and my son is at school. While all four girls are playing downstairs I've been looking at old photographs on my computer. And for some reason I couldn't stop looking at this one. At first glance it's just a picture of a view from our backyard. But then as I looked closer it has so many parts about it that I love. First, the apple tree in full bloom. I love springtime, mainly for that reason. I love blossoms. It signifies birth to me. New life. Hope and excitement of good things to come. That tree by itself makes me love this picture. But if you look closely you can see our garden boxes in the lower left corner. We have 4 garden boxes. Last year I planted tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, cauliflower, peppers, watermelon, and cantaloupe. I love to garden. I am not good at it though. But that's okay. Sometimes I forget to water our garden. We don't have it set up to automatically get watered (yet). The best cantaloupe I've ever ever had was from our garden in our Orem house.
The clouds: Some of them are grey, some are white. To me the sky is beautiful with just enough blue sky showing. To me it is kind of like life. You'll have pretty crappy, dark days. Days of storming, which might last a long, long time. Years maybe. But there are also beautiful bright days that might last for only minutes at a time. But overall, looking at the big picture, you know the sky is blue. You KNOW it is blue. The sky IS blue. It will always be blue when the storm is over.
And that sun shining on the mountain. This big, strong, stable mountain is very peaceful for me to look at. There is a lot of snow. People go through different things at different times in their life. The grass is never greener. We may think it is, but it truly isn't.
The blue kiddie pool at the bottom. Summer is almost here and the kids will be running around, screaming with joy and playing in the backyard.
Dave's trailer on the right side, just past the ugly chain link fence with white slats. A reminder to me what a hard worker Dave is. How much he loves his toys. I love my husband. He is my favorite person. I love to be with Dave. I love to be silly with him and give him a hard time if he doesn't laugh at my lame jokes. I love to hold his hand. And rub his head. And fall asleep with him. And wake up with him. I love to do his laundry. And I even love putting away his socks at the foot of the bed that he takes off in the middle of the night. I love cleaning the sink after he shaves. He calms me down and keeps me sane. He makes me smile and he makes me laugh. He is in school right now and that takes up a lot of his free time, time that he didn't really have to begin with. He gets home at 6:30, he plays with the kids and we eat dinner. Kids go down around 8:00 and then he hits the books.
The clothes line. I LOVE clothes lines. We had one growing up and my mom used it a lot, or so it seemed to me. I remember running through the sheets. I love that I'm tall enough to reach it without having a ladder. That just occurred to me. It's kind of like we have an automatic net for badminton or whatever.
I even love all the junky trucks and trailers in our far neighbors land. It reminds me that we live in a spacious area. In an area full of farmers.
I love the leaves on the left in the foreground. I'm not sure why I took this picture, I think it was because it was our first spring in our home and I was just getting a record of how it looked at that one moment in time.
I'm a spoiled, spoiled girl. Or just very blessed. Any way I look at it, I sure am grateful for my blessings. For this one picture. For my life.
1 comment:
wow, andrea- i LOVE this post. so much.
i really love how deep you went into this and how much you found, and the gratitude and hope you felt. so great. makes me want to do the same!
i have to admit that since you guys moved there, i have re-accuring daydreams of moving to a similar setup. i know nick would be so happy with land and a big garage/shop, and it just seems like an ideal place to raise kids (especially boys!). so beautiful!
Post a Comment