My world

My world

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Another quote I might have already posted.

"I've come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element [in my home]. It's my personal approach that creates the climate. It's my daily mood that makes the weather. As a teacher [a mother], I possess a tremendous power to make a child's life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated...and a child humanized or de-humanized.

Dr. Haim Ginott

Also, if you like Mr. T, you'll love this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_rBidCkJxo&sns=fb

2 comments:

Jana said...

So, I am printing this quote to hang on my fridge. Thank you.

Bj said...

Isn't it so true! I love your inspiring quotes and things about motherhood. Thanks for sharing!