All the news today is about the death of O s a m a B i n L a d e n. It is good that he is no longer among us. I don't know if that will weaken or strengthen the resolve of those who believe as he did and followed him. I'm not sure how to put into words what I am trying to say. I guess it is this: I'm sure his birth must have been a joyous occassion for so many. Who could have foreseen the way his life would play out. His parents must have had hopes and dreams for him. Who knows, maybe they would have been proud of the extremist views and actions that he had/did. Maybe that is where he got his views and the apple didn't fall far from the tree. He came to earth pure and innocent as we all do and he left a hero and martyr to many, but hated (and hunted) by many more. How would it be to have millions and millions of people glad that the child you gave birth to is dead?
God protect our soldiers (and their families).
2 comments:
"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
-~Martin Luther King, Jr.
I wonder if this post makes me sound like I have empathy or feel bad for him. I don't. I like that quote Jana.
Post a Comment