My world

My world

Monday, September 21, 2009

A friend of mine posted this as his facebook status. I am not sure who the author is. I love it.


"You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them... that is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."


Amen.

3 comments:

Jana said...

AMEN from me, too.

Andrea said...

Another friend's status update today on facebook.

Interesting...from 1966 Readers Digest: “Labor wanted higher wages; industrialists wanted bigger income; but nobody wanted to do any work. Citizens thought more of their rights than of their obligations. The country’s vast web of social legislation redistributed wealth but did not create it. … Nobody had the vision to see that what Uruguay needed was production.” (John Gunther, Uruguay-Utopia Gone Wild.)

Anonymous said...

I like that.

I just googled the quote

Adrian Rogers, 1931