My world

My world

Monday, August 31, 2009

Sad news

Today on facebook I read some sad news. A girl I went to high school with died during childbirth. I was not really friends with her, but I knew who she was and I liked her. It's not often that you hear of women who die while giving birth. She was not due for two more weeks, but yesterday she had some bad pain and went to the hospital. Her blood pressure was very high and they gave her some medicine to treat it, but that put the baby in peril. So they delivered the baby via emergency c-section and the baby is fine. The mom's blood pressure plummeted and the doctors and nurses were not able to save her. I have been thinking about this all day. I feel so bad for the husband. It's hard enough to adjust to having an new baby, but to also deal with the loss of your spouse.... They have a daughter and then this new baby girl. I'm especially saddened when I think of this poor baby who must still be in the hospital. Who do the aides take this baby to when she starts to cry? Her mom is not there to nurse her, to hold her, to rock her and to kiss her. I'm sure the family must be there all the time to be with the baby. I think the baby must know that the person holding her is not her mom. My thoughts and prayers are with this family at this difficult time.

2 comments:

Jana said...

that is heartbreaking.

i have no other words...

Bj said...

Wow, that is really sad!That poor husband! Things like this really remind me to count my blessings!