My world

My world

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Festivities




I am not sure why Dave is making that face. Is it that his neck hurts? Maybe Matthew's diaper stinks. Perhaps he is too emotional to look at the balloons. I think it is because his wife made him get up at 6:10 in the morning.





This is a picture of my pregnant belly during the last week or two. I am much bigger than this picture shows. You may be thinking, "you look plenty big in this picture." You'd be wrong. I am much bigger in real life.



We hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th of July. We went to see the hot air balloons on the field just east of UVRMC. Unfortunately, we got there just as they were taking off. In past years we've been there to see them prepping the balloons and to watch them be inflated. After the balloons Matthew and I went to my parents' house who were hosting a singles ward breakfast. That afternoon we went to Dave's dad's house and had lunch, then that evening we topped off the day with a bbq at my parents' house followed by fireworks. Here are some pictures of the long day. Also, kudos to Dave who worked on my car, his car, his motorcycle, and his trailer all on Independence Day!! Woohoo for my husband!

This week Matthew fed the cats for the first time. I didn't even ask him to do it. He just said, "I'm feeding the cats," and he just did it!

As I was typing this, Matthew said, "I want to eat the fish!" I was shocked and I asked, "you want to eat the fish?" He gave me a very grave look and I said, "do you want to feed the fish?" And sure enough, that is what he wanted. He has never expressed any interest in eating any of our pets before.

I was just released as the RS secretary and put in as the ward activities chairman. I will insist they refer to me as the chairperson, chairwoman, or just plain chair. But not really. I am excited, but very nervous.

3 comments:

Adams Family said...

Dear Chair,
I know that is not a picture of your stomach but one of those balloons inflating which means you did get there in time. I'm not sure how you got it to look like your head was coming out of it but you're not fooling me.

Jana said...

I had never seen your blog before! It's so cute. We need to get together again, soon. I have some PINK presents for you! :)

Heather said...

I am glad you posted. I needed a good laugh and Matthew asking to eat the fish and Dave's face in the balloon picture have made my day. Thanks for sharing.

Glad to hear how great your weekend was too madam chair.