I hardly post anything on our blog because I usually don't have much to say. When I was on my mission many other missionaries spent hours and hours on the phone with their families at times like Mother's Day and Christmas, and I spent about 25 minutes. My family is just sort of like that, and I don't like talking on the phone for long periods of time. Dave doesn't say much either. I will, however, comment that I am excited about the First Presidency's announcement that a sacrament meeting speaker should not ask the congregation to turn to the scripture reference that is about to be read. I never turn to the passages anyway, and have always felt guilty about that. I don't even take my scriptures to church anymore. I don't foresee there being a First Presidency announcement about that any time soon. Unless, of course, the announcement says you really should bring them to church, in which case I will reevaluate my lazy decision.
As far as I know we are still expecting a girl. I feel her move around every now and then. My sister and her family were in town last month and I said to her, "I am big for only 5 months pregnant, huh?" And she replied, "well, the woman that just cut my hair is your size and she is due in a month." I should have seen it coming. I am feeling very pregnant much sooner in this pregnancy than with Matt. Of course I am older and wiser. Actually just older because I know for a fact that the brain cells I lost while pregnant last time did not regenerate or come back. I literally know less than I did prior to ever being pregnant. And that is a scary thought.
I showed the ultrasound pictures to Matthew and pointed out her legs and bottom. Now when Matthew wants to see the ultrasound video he says, "watch baby sister bottom?!" It is cute. Today Matthew was hiding around corners so I couldn't see him. He would throw a ball into the room I was in. I would say, "where did that ball come from?" He would laugh and laugh and show himself and I would say is a shocked voice, "Was that you, Matthew? Did you throw that ball?" He loved it.
We still haven't thought of any names for sure. I like Paige, but Dave doesn't like names that are also nouns. He says Page is something you read in a book or something you get at work over the intercom. I understand where he is coming from. He also doesn't like names that are for boys and girls. I like Erin, he doesn't like it so much. He said he saw a name that he liked on the bumper sticker of a car, but he couldn't remember what it was.
I posted some pictures of cactus flowers and other flowers that are in the big brick planter thing in front of our house. I also posted some pictures of Matthew with me and with Dave. I hope you enjoy them.
2 comments:
Yeah!! A new post. I am just excited to see that you are doing well. I cannot believe that soon you will have two kids. Where does the time go?
I love your cactus flowers they are so cool. Cute pictures!!!
I enjoyed your post. Especially the part about watching baby sister's bottom. Matthew makes us laugh. : )
Post a Comment