My world

My world

Thursday, February 7, 2013

He's 7!

Matthew turned 7 last month. Here are some pictures of him playing soccer last fall. He is taking a basketball class now, once a week for 6 weeks.
I love that you can see our house in the background of this one.
For his birthday we went to Fat Cats bowling alley in Provo. We invited 6 friends and Matthew has so much fun. It was kind of pricey, but I thought by the time I add up all the things I buy for a party and the time it takes to do everything (and I cut a lot of corners) I'd just rather pay money and go somewhere and have it all ready for me. It was fun, but kind of chaotic. I don't think I'd do it again for the same child, but I'd do it once for each child. Matthew is such a great little boy. He is a good helper and a great brother. He says funny things. Like during the sacrament on Sunday he asked me, "mommy, are fart guns real?" I stifled my laugh as well as I could. And I told him, no, they are not real. He replied that he knew how to make one and did I want him to tell me? I absolutely want to know how to make one, but I told him not during the sacrament. Talking with a friend the other day we were wondering what our kids will be like in the future. My parents always tell my siblings and I how proud they are of us. And they should be. I think we all turned out to be decent human beings. More than decent, hopefully. I love my boy. I love who he is and who he is becoming each and every day. He makes me want to be a better mom. And a better wife, oddly enough. He needs to see what a good marriage is. He needs an example of what the role of a mother is and what the role of a father is. I hope we show that to him. He is a strong boy with a lot of love, excitement, and energy to give the world.

1 comment:

Adams Family said...

Ooo, we want a fart gun once he figures out how to build it. That comment alone lets me see that he is well on his way to becoming a great dad.