The new saddest thing is this: a 23-year-old mother smothered her three-year-old son and buried him in the park. She didn't just smother him. She smothered him, had second thoughts and then she did CPR and revived him. At that point she thought she was right the first time and smothered him again. What must that boy have been thinking as his mother killed him, not one, but twice. The person who gave him life, the person to whom he should be able to turn to embrace him when he is hurt... I wonder what was going through his mind. Someone found the boy in the park, his foot was not completely buried. Those poor children.
movingontohappiertopicsmovingontohappiertopics
Last Saturday our neighbors had a yard sale. I bought Matthew 15 Pez characters. He loves them. The other day Matthew was playing with one and he said, "Yoda, you are the best toy EVER!" And he starts singing the theme song from Toy Story 2 that says, "you've got a friend in me..." Then the following day he proclaimed that Buzz Lightyear was the best toy EVER. Some of the pez we got were: yoda, a storm trooper, princess leah, luke, chewy, darth vader, bobbafet?, bob the builder, mr. incredible, his wife, and their two sons (daughter not available), and I can't remember the rest. He loves them.
So Norah is nowhere near crawling. I know it is because for a couple months she has been sitting up really well. So when I'd put her down I'd sit her up and let her play with toys. Other babies would be rolling around and exploring things, but I'd just sit her down. That was not helpful to her. But now that she is rolling everywhere I have to keep the floor free of choking hazards. Painful.
I'm so glad spring is here. It is already getting hot in the mornings and I turned on our AC yesterday at 9 a.m. I love mowing our lawn. Maybe because it is about 300 square feet. I am excited to plant our garden. I know I should have done it already.
Last night for scouts we went to see one of our boys play his little league baseball game. They lost and I'm not sure what the final score was, but I'm proud of our scout, he hit a home run!! The boys are really cute and I have a fun time.
I have two friends that are pregnant and I always get jealous when people are pregnant because I loved being pregnant. I don't, however, get jealous when the baby is actually taken home. I loved being pregnant, I loved being in the hospital, I even liked the hospital food. But we've started giving away our baby things: swing, clothes, etc. It feels nice.
When I was on my mission I was at a member's home. We were there with two elders. I served in Hungary and my brother served in Austria. Hungary and Austria border each other. During this one particular meeting with the member I showed him a picture of my brother on his mission. The member said, "that looks like my mother's apartment, but she lives in Austria." I said, "my brother IS in Austria." We got to talking and it turned out that it WAS his mother's apartment and she lived near the elders or the branch house or something. Anyway it was really interesting. Funny thing is that Dave (my husband) is one of the elders that was there.
Well, my son just woke up from his nap (a rare treat) and I should stop rambling and go give him a hug. A long one.

4 comments:
that is just sick. i can't even think about it- it's too heartbreaking.
your kiddos are sure cute, i love the pictures!
I thought I would like being pregnant when I was younger but now I can not understand women who enjoy being pregnant.
Lots of thoughts. Really really sad, for one thing. I love my little monsters. I can't even imagine the depravity that leads to murdering a child.
I only sort of like pregnancy, but I get jealous too. We'll see if another one is in the cards...
My brother and his wife are going to Hungary in the fall for a 4-month internship. Jealous?
And... is your babe crawling yet?
What a wonderful post. It saddens me to hear of people doing such horrible things to others, especially children. On the other hand, your post was just what I needed today. I was struggling with my daughter and her grumpies this morning and you've helped me to see I need to keep a better perspective about things. They are only small for so long and time is a precious thing to waste.
Post a Comment