My world

My world

Monday, March 2, 2009

New food, new room



Matthew said a very cute thing the other day as I was putting him to bed. It went something like this:

Mommy "Daddy is such a good man. He takes good care of us, doesn't he? You know who else helps us? Heavenly Father and Jesus. They help us, too."

Matthew "Do they live in houses?"

Mommy "I don't know. They live in Heaven."

Matthew "They DO live in houses." Short pause. "And in temples."



These guys are in my top 3:





We started our daughter on rice cereal the other day. She was very anxious to eat. I'd wanted to wait until she was a full six months (as per the doctor's advice) but I figured 11 days early wouldn't ruin her life. I guess we'll see. She is loving it, but not getting much into her stomach. As you can see it ends up all over her. I have decided to not worry much about the mess because I figure I would spend more time keeping her clean than I would just cleaning her up at the end. She will have many baths in the next few weeks as she learns what is going on.


Dave is a very handy man. I always wanted to marry someone with nice legs (because mine are ugly) and Dave has nice legs. And nice hands. This has nothing to do with my post. I guess the part about him being handy is what this post is about. Since our daughter was born in September he has re-roofed the house and he recently finished our family room downstairs. Not that I have any readers on this blog, but a few of you may have seen our basement. Our family room downstairs was awful. Technically it was "finished" but it had gross flooring, a poor paint job, and other stuff. We also had a ton of things to clutter up the room: a couch, love seat, queen bed, futon, ping pong table, boxes, benches, and a ton of other things. And the room isn't even that big. Here are some pictures.






7 comments:

Adams Family said...

Wow,that looks great. Did he do the tile around the fireplace too. Now you can put the couch and ping pong table back in there. ;)

Heather said...

I don't miss those green-ish tile things at all. The basement looks great. Matthew is hilarious! I thoroughly enjoy Norah's messy face photo. I've decided that doctors are really weird about what they tell different people. I asked ours about when to introduce solids (runny rice cereal) at Milo's 4 month appointment and he said if Milo was ready right away. So we tried it and Milo took to it really well. But our doctor made a big deal about having to do tummy time more, 4 times a day at least and that wasn't something i had even asked about. It's weird your doctor would say to wait till 6 months. And then my friend in Lehi has a baby 5 days older than Milo and her doctor told her completely different stuff. Where is the consistency? Anyway good luck giving Norah all those baths. Hopefully she likes baths. That would make it more fun.

Jana said...

Your conversation with Matthew is hilarious. What a sweet little boy.
And your basement looks AWESOME!

eve said...

cute cute cutie kids. love the mathew story. love the basement. lookin good!

greg & allyson said...

Your basement looks so nice! When is Dave coming over to do ours :)-j/k. also, the kids are just looking older and even cuter. we need to come down soon...or you can come up here. let's plan :)

Katie said...

The basement looks great!! I do not think you have bad legs at all. You did not get the Hiatt "Beet Diggin Legs" like me... luckily! Your kids are getting too big. I miss you

Unknown said...

The room looks great. Your family is beautiful! I love reading your blog. I love the name Norah and I think you are fabulous.

BTW, when I got the Reeses from my mom, the first thing I thought of was the Cabbage Patch shoe/ candyholders and how it changed the color of the candy shell. We were such bizarre children. Do I have to remind you? One word, (the title of a song really) "Daniel" by Elton John I think. Such nut cases!

We'll be in Utah at the end of May. On the 31st, a Sunday, we are having a BBQ at my parents house. We'd love to see you and yours there. I'll send you details as it gets closer.