My world

My world

Monday, February 16, 2009

Mother

All the time I feel caught up in the day to day activities (i.e. laundry, cleaning the house, shopping, dishes, etc.) that I don't take the time to fully appreciate all of my blessings. Every few days something strikes me: something that happens every day, multiple times an hour. I take this thing for granted and sometimes don't notice the importance of hearing it. What is it? My son will say "mommy". That is it. And I stop and think, "I am a mother." I am a mom. What better thing in the world could I possibly want to be? Or spend all my day doing? I am not the best at it; being a mother has taught me how truly impatient I am. It takes a lot out of me. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am lucky to have a husband with me to parent our two children. I am so blessed that God has allowed me to welcome these children into the world. Two kids is a good number for us. Maybe three someday. Maybe. Maybe not.




This is after Matthew spent some time playing in the snow in the planter in front of our house. He absolutely loves the snow, just like his dad.





4 comments:

Adams Family said...

Yeah, I thought I was a patient person too until I became pregnant with children. Norah must eat close to the same things I eat 'cause that is about how I look in a diaper.

eve said...

yea, we are super lucky to have kids. i remember that most when they are in bed at night. you've sure got some cute ones! oh- and i am positive miles didn't get sick from your kids, he was sick and then got better and then we walked to the library in the cold and he got worse again- so totally my fault! i feel bad..

Katie said...

I cannot believe she is so stinkin cute and chunky!!

Unknown said...

today I taught in Young women's the lesson was on the Divine Nature of Womenhood. It talked about being a mother and a wife. I read part of this blog with them. Thanks for sharing your testimony with my YW. I really am happy to be a mother and love when I get home from work and Jacob says "hi, Mom" in his sweet little welcoming voice.