My world

My world

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Our Garden






I love our garden. I do not get to spend much time caring for it. You see, I am 8 months pregnant. My balance is off. It is way too hot outside. I can't bend over very well. I love to weed the garden. We planted red potatoes, beets, yellow hot peppers, pumpkins, tomatoes, crookneck squash, zucchini, and cantaloupe all from started plants. I also planted watermelon and more cantaloupe from seeds. These are some pictures of the garden. Please excuse the weeds. I have picked about 10 zucchinis from our garden. It is so much fun. I took about 6 of the zucchinis to church today because our Relief Society is having a "harvest table" where people can bring their extra food from their gardens and share it with people who can use it.

1 comment:

Adams Family said...

I've never seen a watermelon look that good here in Utah, but that could be that we always end up with watermelon growing where we spit the seeds in the summer so they are always still pretty small by the time that it starts to freeze again but we always try to eat them anyway and they're never very good. Man, this comment is almost a blog of its own you should tell your friends to leave shorter comments. ;)